It seems like everywhere you look there are contractors. How do you choose someone who is trustworthy and that you can rely upon? That actually has YOUR best interest and dollar in mind?? Here are some tips that will help you:
* The best way is through referrals. Ask your family, friends, neighbors who they have had work done through.
* Is the company you’re calling able to accommodate your schedule? Will they work those late hours or on weekends when you are available?
* Check for Licenses and Certifications. You may think it is better to get the cheap guy on Craigs List, but he may not be there for you in the long run. If he does not have a license and certs than he may have a lack of HVAC knowledge to begin with.
* Always ask for references. If a company has a long work history, they should be able to whip out a couple of names and numbers for you immediately.
* The most important is to establish a relationship with your HVAC tech. There’s definitely something to be said for being on a first name basis. Nobody likes to be a number or just another sale!!!
Here is the link to the Oregon CCB Website. Check out the current status of your Heating/Cooling Contractor!