I was driving down through Gresham Oregon this morning on my way to work. I was going over in my mind the information that I have written on air-conditioning and keeping it cost effective for your homes. For those of you that are thinking of buying a new air-conditioner or replacing that old worn out one that only works half of the time, I have one more thing for you to consider. R-22 (Freon) is the refrigerant used in most air-conditioners. R-410A is a new environmentally safe liquid coolant that makes air conditioning possible. It was developed as an alternative to R-22, which will be phased out in the near future along with other ozone depleting chemicals.
Additional benefits of installing an R-410A unit:
• R-410A uses a synthetic lubricant that is more soluble so it can mix and circulate more efficiently to keep the compressor and other moving parts lubricated, reducing wear and extending their life.
• It also incorporates smaller, heavier duty “scroll-type” compressors that are quieter and operate with less damaging vibration than older compressors which operate on R-22.
• In addition, compressors with R-410A run cooler.
• Economically beneficial, it allows higher heat transfer than R-22, which results in a more efficient operation.
• R-410A does not contain chlorine, therefore it is not damaging to the ozone layer.
R-410A is economically and environmentally beneficial, which makes it a smart choice for air conditioning units –