Natural Gas and Electric Furnaces
When deciding between natural gas or electric furnaces, there are a number of elements to consider.
Natural Gas Furnaces
Natural gas is one of the most popular forms of energy used to heat homes. It is energy efficient and inexpensive. It is also highly efficient. Energy efficient gas furnaces can achieve efficiency of over 90 percent.
Advantages of Natural Gas Heating
- Less expensive per BTU than electricity
- Continuous heat during a power outage
- Less expensive to operate than electric
- Consistently higher temperature (120° F)
- Easily available fuel source
- Environmentally friendly
Electric furnaces are easily and inexpensively installed. They are efficient in providing heat. With proper maintenance, they can last for several years.
Because of their compact size, electric furnaces are often installed in a basement, closet, utility room, or attic. Existing ductwork can be used to circulate heat from the electric furnace throughout your home.
Advantages of Electric Heating
- Control and uniformity of temperature
- Cleaner than oil or gas
- Automatic circuit breakers prevent overloading
- Start quickly and operate quietly
- No pilot light or combustible fuels
- Often 100 percent efficient
Let Comfort Zone Heating and Air Conditioning help you decide whether a natural gas or heat furnace is the best choice for you.