Zoned Heating and Cooling Systems
Zoned heating and cooling systems allow you temperature flexibility and energy efficiency. When you want to turn on a light in one room, you don’t flick a switch to turn them on in every room. You flick a switch to turn that light on in a specific area, and zoned heating and cooling systems operate on the same principle.
Different areas of your home have different heating and cooling needs. Because heat rises, second floor rooms may be warmer than first floor rooms. Basements tend to be cool. Rooms with south-facing windows may get very warm, while winds may cool other rooms uncomfortably. High ceilings and lofts can also effect where heat gets trapped.
Comfort and Energy Efficiency
Zoned heating and cooling gives you control over the temperature wherever the thermostats are located. This flexibility makes for great comfort.
Zoned systems are also highly energy efficient because you don’t have to use heating and cooling resources on spaces you do not occupy or attempt to heat your basement by make your second floor uncomfortably warm.
Why Would I Want a Zone System?
The following are some reasons why you should consider zoned heating and air conditioning:
- Your house has more than one level
- You have large, open areas like vaulted ceilings or lofts
- You have rooms over a garage
- You have finished basement or attic
- You have rooms with large window areas
- You have different family members who prefer different temperatures
- Heating and cooling patterns vary throughout the day
- A portion of the home is built over a concrete slab
- Your home has the shape that it spreads in a variety of directions, such as ranch home, or has wings that extend off the main living space
If you are interested in a zoned heating and cooling system, CZ Heating and Air Conditioning can help you make the best decision for your home.